May 23, 2023

Something went wrong / There was a glitch, try again in a few seconds error in Google Nest Mini

 

I have a Google Nest Mini connected to my smart home and in the past few days, it was not executing my commands most of the time. Below are the error messages which google assistant gave me.

"Something went wrong. Try again in a few seconds."

"There was a glitch. Try again in a few seconds."

This was becoming a very annoying thing to me and decided to search for this error.


So, here are the most recommended fixes for this issue.

 

  1. Restart the device - Did and the issue was not resolved

  2. Restart the router - Did and the issue was not resolved

  3. Reset the device - Did and the issue was not resolved

  4. Contact ISP / Increase internet speed - I'm on a 200mbps fibre connection & ISP support is terrible in my country.

  5. Move the device close to the router - Not possible & it was working fine before

  6. Disable IPV6 in DHCP - I was only using IPV4. In my DHCP there is no option for IPV6

 

Having checked all these I was so frustrated. Then I have decide to reset the Google Nest Mini and connect it to my backup internet connection which is a wireless 4G connection.

 

This did the trick and Google Nest Mini is now working fine.

 

Maybe this is not an option for you but in my case, I think it's an ISP issue. I don't believe that an update ruined it for this device since it's working fine on a different internet connection.

I have also noticed that this is a very common issue happening for years in these devices. Anyway, I have also ordered another device to be used in my living room. (Current one is placed in my bedroom)

Here is a cool video from YouTube explaining how you can factory reset your Google Nest Mini.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment